Thursday, June 01, 2006

Updates

Let's see, we flew home on Sunday May 21st. 8 hour flight to Dulles with a 3 hour lay off at Dulles because the plane going to Charleston was late. We get on this plane that looks like a Greyhound bus with wings. It was an okay ride. Connor took a nap on the flight from Heathrow to Dulles, Jacob slept the entire flight from Dulles to Charleston. BTW: We had forgotten that the heat with humidity feels like a warm wet blanket wrapped around you. It was still 91 degrees when we got to the hotel at about 8 Sunday night. We got to the hotel, put on our swimsuits and went to the pool and hot tub. Stayed in there for about 30 minutes went to the room and took a shower. The boys had a blast watching Commericals. All we heard was I want this and that. They have memorized Commericals and Movie Ads. Look I can Burp the ABC's From Connor. We ate Arby's Yucky :( Monday Mike went and got the van. I've only drove on the wrong side of the road once. I did however just about turn in the wrong lane once. Okay back to Monday, we drove from Charleston to Pickens SC. That was a fun and long trip. The boys enjoyed watching Chicken Little again and sleeping through it. We got to my moms house and the boys have been up Pa-Pa butt since the first minute. I got to see my dog and noticed holy cow it is like having another kid. YIKES. I'm starting to get us to it. Mike car is still at the port because the company is still doing paperwork. He has called just about everyday. He called while we were still in England to find out that it wasn't being delivered until 23 May, YIKES, I wonder what happen to 20 May. Oh well, here it is 1 Jun and still haven't gotten it. We dropped off the Van to get the lights looked at, they changed the gas cap and the lights stayed off until Sunday when we went out to Greenville. Okay back to the topics, I know I'm rambling quite nicely. Okay Wednesday we got up at the butt crack of dawn and drove down to Biloxi. Mike signed for the house and found out that we couldn't leave until Friday because of Finance. We got a hotel on Base. The local area looks a bit better than it did from the pictures. We drove down HWY 90 over to Gulfport ate really good Chinese. Oh BTW: The Kids were at my moms having fun with them. They both got new bikes. Connor's is Pink with a baby doll sit and Jacob's is blue. Okay, Thursday Mike went in to sign into the base and do a few things then we went over to Pensacola to see Mike's family. We went and got our drivers license and to register the cars. Yeah right, when Auto Exchange said you pay Used car tax they were a little wrong. They wanted $2,076 for the taxes, plates, and registeration. HA HA. We told them no, we will register in MS. We went out to Pizza Hut with Mike's family then the mall. Then we went over to there house. We got back to the base at 12 am. Mike had to go back to the orderly room on Friday to go back on leave and to Finance. Come to find out our orders are wrong and we have to get them fixed. Met up with Celina. She is a great lady. Her kids are soo cute and well behaved. Friday afternoon we left and came back to SC, got back about 12 am. The boys have some nice farmers tans. Saturday we went out to Superwalmart, Big Lots, and Tri Star imports. Sunday the boys, Mike and I went out to Greenville, Toys R Us, Sams Club, etc.. It was fun. Monday we sat outside and got some sun while the boys played in the pool. Tuesday we dropped on the van again for the lights and to get the rims fixed we got a rental car. Wednesday we drove around went to the supercenter again, normal walmart, grocery store lowes and a few other stores. Jacob got into a fight with a bigger boy cause he was picking on Connor. Jacob was brave to stand up to him. Today Thursday I don't think we have much to do. Just sit around and relax. We are heading back down to Biloxi about 12 Jun. I'm due an allergy shot on the 14. I'm hoping they have our concurrent travel approve by then. 15 Jun they are delivering over household goods and the 16 is our storage stuff that was in NC. 17 Jun we are going to take a break and go over to Gulf Port Water Park The boys are itching to play in a real pool. Okay, hope you enjoy your read. HUGS THANKS

No comments: