Sunday, February 03, 2008

He's Gone

So are 3 am this morning we get up, get dressed and go out to the base to get his rifle. Head back to the interstate to the Airport drop off Mike.


He gets his stuff, the boys say bye dad and are ready to go back home.
Nope, I go park, come in and Mike is still getting his stuff checked in. He then tells me that only 1 of us can go to the gate with him. I'm thinking um, how is that going to work. So the person working with Mike leaves so I ask someone else how does it work, she says oh it depends on the person checking you in. But I think we can get you a pass. So I got the pass. YAY! We get to go back there with Mike.
Mike's Commander, First Shirt, Supervisor and two co-workers come to see him off. Then there is an announcement, they over booked the plane and they want folks to come to the 1st floor so that they can book them for another time etc... They will give you $300 or a round trip ticket to somewhere. HA HA!
We decided it was time to say good-bye to Mike's work and head off to the gate.


I was very strong until I had to walk away, yes, I did the run back and hug him one last time and cried.
Jacob Cried when he saw Mike and I crying. Connor said, mommy its only 4 months and you have your cuddle bum. Awww!


Here are the photos:









No comments: