Ever wonder why life seems to fly by. Well so do I.
While we were in England it seemed to just draw itself out. Even if we stayed so busy that we couldn't tell if we were coming or going.
I volunteered, Mike worked, Jacob did every sport he could think of and yet we still had time to be a family and enjoy down time.
But here, Downtime doesn't seem to work its way into our schedule. Mike still works, get every other Friday off. The boys both do sports and I still volunteer when I have time. I even started up a job at BAMM, which seems to be great one minute and a pain in the ass the next.
I do miss the downtime, just playing gamecube, reading, riding bikes that we did in England. I really need to figure out how to work that into here. I don't know if it is that we have just become Lazy like other American's or what. Heck, we even find ourselves going out to eat more often. Which I hate. I don't know how we talk ourselves into it, but we do. I miss our little family holding hands and saying grace at the dinner table.
How do you get out of the fast lane and back to the slow lane?
How do you find time for yourself, your family and still live in this fast pace country?
When I figure it out, I promise I will spill the beans!
But until then, I'll take any advice I can get.
HUGS
Sunday, September 09, 2007
Life in the Fast Lane
Written by:
myboys9802
at
23:44
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hey! It was great to see you today!! Ugh, I hate when things get so busy and don't seem to slow down. You just gotta make a point to say no to some things in order to put those family times first. We go through periods of eating out often too. Not only does the cash disappear but the weight gain rises. Uh, I've got to hit the treadmill more often!
My poor Gabe was miserable all day after his shots. He walked around like an old man;) Poor thing.
Post a Comment