What I love about my kids, husbands, and pets is that you can love them one second, just about ready to kill them the next and then before you know it you are in love with them all over again.
I also don't get how in the hell that works.
Example: Connor normally goes to playgroup on Tuesday. Mike has been working Swing Shift (T-Shift) for the past 2 months. Neither one of the boys have caught on to the fact that we want them to whisper in the mornings. Connor will scream, Jacob eggs him on. Connor will start laughing and talking loud and I don't mean in a normal voice and the next thing I know Jacob who doesn't talk that much is being loud. Or if the kids are quite the damn dogs have to bark at something outside.
So this morning I told Connor and Jacob to Whisper (Yellow Light). Connor starts screaming and yelling at Jacob. So I told him one more time and no playgroup. Needless to say he didn't go to playgroup.
Whisper (Yellow Light)No Talking (Red Light)Talking Normal, Inside Voice (Green Light)Get your Ass out of my House (Blue Light)
So in between Connor not listening, yelling at me that I want to behave (Which is so much fun, Cause I try to explain to him either you behave or you don't, there is no I want to behave), Mike trying to sleep, Dogs barking, Jacob's telling on Connor every 5 seconds, Connor not listening to me or Mike or the Coach for Soccer. I decided that I was going to put him in Preschool. So I call the very first number in the phone book and they have an opening. I get there and I don't get the warm fuzzy and I'm thinking ummm, it can't be that bad and I started filling out the paperwork and Connor tell me NO Mommy I don't like it here, I want to go home. So I tell the lady to let me talk with Mike and I will call her back. We go and check out the rest of the building and Connor is holding on to me for dear life. This independent little life that has always been this way, has changed he is all up my butt. So we look at the classroom, there isn't much to speak of, the playgroup is tiny kids stuff, not stuff that he is use too, and he is still saying I want to go home. I don't like it. Then my mommy heart kicks in and thinks well if I'm not getting a warm fuzzy and neither is he then this isn't the right place for him. Then he tells the lady I'm not 5 I can't go to your school I want to go to Jacob's School. So I told the lady Thanks and I will talk with her later. We go home and I tell Mike about the place and he agrees that it isn't the right place for Connor. So he isn't going to preschool, he doesn't want to go to preschool and I'm not going to force it on him. Connor isn't writing of wanting to write like most kids his age. He doesn't want to listen to anything an adult has to say. He will how ever start listening to me more or this chair is going to be glued to his butt (See the Time out Chair, it's under the Dragon flag.
As for Jacob, I have been having a problem with him doing his homework. The sun goes down around 5 and he has to be in the house after 5. Well he gets home, eats a snack, and plays with Connor or talks with me to get away from doing his homework. It's all fun and games until he gets pissed that it is after 5 and I won't let him go outside to play. It is a battle.
I love the battle, I love a challenge, but I'm so tired of it.All I can say is what goes around comes around, cause when they get older they will have kids that act just like them and I'm going to laugh just like My grandma does at me.
Thanks for letting me Vent!!!



1 comment:
At least its not as bad as the kids on Super Nanny!
Post a Comment