Tuesday, January 16, 2007

MLK Day Bummer

Jacob broke his elbow!

Oddly enough Playing on the trampoline. Jacob & Connor thought it was a great idea to run on the outside of the netting, Jacob fell. He came in told Mike I think I broke my arm. He wasn't crying in pain or anything so we just thought okay sure. You know how boys always think its fun to say I broke something. His elbow was swollen so we took him to the ER on base and they said it looked like Nursemaids Elbow (Which is what we thought). The X-rays showed a fracture. So oddly enough, he did break it and when the doctor told him he said oh I heard a crack when I fell. Silly boy. We took him to the Ortho Drs today. Good News, he broke it correctly, most elbow break need surgery, but he doesn't. He got a Red Cast and has to go back in 1 week for a check up. He has to have a cast on for 4 weeks. He didn't go to school today. We wanted him to get use to the cast and let is set before he braved it. HUGS

No comments: